- 1 Setup WordPress in Alibaba Cloud Web hosting
- 2 1. Get your Alibaba Cloud web hosting service and domain
- 3 2. Go to【Web Hosting】in your dashboard page
- 4 3. Go to your server and 【Manage】
- 5 4. This is your Instance Detail page, let setup the 3 things
- 6 5. Use FTP upload your WordPress files to server
- 7 6. Upload WordPress to your Alibaba Cloud server
- 8 6. Extract WordPress files
- 9 7. Bind Domain Name
- 10 8. Release your website
- 11 9. Install WordPress
- 12 Choose your language.
- 13 10. WordPress site configuration.
- 14 11. Already Installed
- 15 12. Done your WordPress site is now Live.
Alibaba Cloud is a China cloud computing services and solutions company and many people are trying to enter the market online by setup up a website such as WordPress for that but having difficulties about installing. Today i want to share with you a Full tutorial about how to install wordpress in alibaba cloud web hosting.
- You might need – How to Install WordPress on SiteGround
1. Get your Alibaba Cloud web hosting service and domain
Register and bought a web hosting and domain name.
2. Go to【Web Hosting】in your dashboard page
3. Go to your server and 【Manage】
4. This is your Instance Detail page, let setup the 3 things
5. Use FTP upload your WordPress files to server
Download Filezilla and install. Use your laptop connect to web server.
Copy 【FTP login host address】to 【Host】and【FTP login name】to【Username】.
Click 【Reset Password】to create a new password and filling in your FTP password.
【Port 】enter 【21】 and click【Quickconnect】.
6. Upload WordPress to your Alibaba Cloud server
Download latest WordPress and upload to 【/htdocs】.
6. Extract WordPress files
Go to【File Extraction】under File Management, choose WordPress file you have uploaded. Extraction the directory to 【/htdocs】.
**Your WordPress file (wp-admin, wp-content and etc) must be under /htdocs.
7. Bind Domain Name
Enter your domain brought from Alibaba yun, remember to put www. For example 【www.meishiitaly.com】 if your domain is 【meishiitaly.com】.
8. Release your website
Confirm your website are running 【Release Mode】on 【Run Mode Settings】 under Environment settings
9. Install WordPress
Browse your domain add in 【/wp-admin】on the back. For example, www.meishiitaly.com/wp-admin
Choose your language.
Input Database Name, User Name (Database Username), Database Host (Database Connection Address) and Table prefix (just leave it).
Click 【Reset Password】to enter your database password also filling in WordPress.
After complete filling all information 【Submit】.
10. WordPress site configuration.
Username and password are important to be used when you want to login to admin dashboard.
11. Already Installed
Now 【Log in】, key in the Username and password you create on the above steps.
12. Done your WordPress site is now Live.
/wp-admin is the link to login to your WordPress admin dashboard.
In conclusion, Alibaba cloud is good to host website is mainland area, if you are far from there the response time will be longer. If you are located in US, you want to make a Chinese website to serve China people, using Alibaba cloud will make you difficult to develop or manage your site because website load very slow and the response time very long. This is a real experience from myself and my clients by using Alibaba cloud web hosting to serve audience in mainland.
Lastly, if you have better web hosting solution to serve China people in home country, please leave your comment below and share with us.
Welcome to MAOMAO Blog, and thank you for reading this writing. If you have any questions please comments below or find me on social media. I really like to hear from you. #SEE MY WORKS